Day 15 and 16
Yesterday was a great day. We got to go to Tarangire National
Park. We drove for an hour and a half to get there. Once we got there, we had
to do this project that involved counting animals. There were herd of up to 200
wildebeest and zebra, and large groups of impala, elephants, baboons, giraffes,
and elands. Trying to count them all was fun.
We had lunch at the lodge in the park. It was so very nice.
It overlooked the river so you could see many animals, and I got to have a
cheeseburger for lunch. But the best part was the bathrooms. They had liquid
hand soap!
After lunch we got to drive around for a bit. I even got to
see half a lioness! (She was walking through tall grass so you could only see
her top half.) We then go to see where our director works. He is running a
project tracking the lions in the park, so we got to see the collars and other
devices they use, as well as their base camp. It looks like a lot of fun to
work there.
The half of the lionessThe wildebeast that almost trampled our stuff.
There is a full grown elephant in front of this baobob tree.
We then drove back and today we had four hours of class, and
then the whole afternoon and evening to work on our papers.
But now 3 out of the 4 of us in the banda have a cold, so
that sucks.
Kylie
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Love the pictures . . . keep them coming!
ReplyDeleteYaayy for half of a lioness! How exciting! And I love the pictures. I can't believe how many animals you are seeing. Do the different animals all travel in big packs together or does each type of animals keep to themselves? From the way you're describing it I'm picturing opening credits of "The Lion King" where all of the animals are running/walking/flying together. :)
ReplyDeleteThe director’s job sounds right up your alley- I bet you shared a lot of the same enthusiasm for lions.
Things are going well here. I've done some full bodied kitten spottings within a close range. Here's to hoping you can have the same experience- but you know, with a lion ;).