Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 8


Day 8

Today was our first non-program day, meaning that there were no classes. To start off the day, we went to Elephant Cave. It is a hike through a forest to an iron deposit, where elephants come to get minerals for their diet. It was really steep at some points, almost a 45 degree climb. The trail we used is also used by animals, so now I know how to identify elephant, buffalo, and baboon poop. That was fun to try and avoid along the path. There also was a beautiful waterfall. After the hike we got to eat lunch out of our Tupperware. It contained a peanut butter sandwich, my favorite, so along with the chocolate pancakes for breakfast, today had great food.

                After that, we went to Karatu. I bought 40,000 shillings worth of things, about 35 dollars. I got cloth, a necklace, and a bowl. You have to barter for the goods, if you take the first price they offer, you will be laughed at. And if you are insistent, you can get some good deals.

                Then, we went to a bar called Happy Days. It is pretty American, and our 30 people were the only ones there. Only four people decided not to drink. I not have a cool Coca-Cola bottle to add to my collection.

                We got back and then most people took a nap. Today was a great day, but now we have class again tomorrow.

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment