Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 21


Day 21

Today was another non-program day, our day to sleep in. And it is Sunday. So they gave us the option of going with some staff to church services, a Lutheran or a Catholic one. I gave up sleeping in to go to church. Only one other person went with me, and she is not even Catholic. But the Church was so cool. It is really well maintained. The children sing and dance to the music, and they incorporated some traditional dance moves that made it really interesting. The service was two and a half hours. It usually is not that long, but one of their sisters was leaving and a new one was coming, so they said good bye to them. It was awesome to see. The service was all in Swahili, so I did not understand it at all, but still is was great. Next time some other people want to come with us.

After that we could go to the bar Happy Days or to the Kudu Lodge in Karatu. I went to the lodge and had chicken for lunch. It was great. After I sat at the pool and read, so it was a great day. When we got back to camp, I watched The Devil Wears Prada with a group of friends while we did homework.

Some people drank a little too much, so M’Lis, our supervisor/coordinator was not happy, but they were funny to watch.

And we are not doing anything interesting for the next few days, but going to the Ngorongoro Crater on Friday, so I will say more then. And our internet does not enjoy working well, so it will be a bit before more pictures.
Kwa heri
Kylie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie - it sounds like you had an interesting day and it was a lot of fun reading about all of your experiences...today and the past days! I really like that you enthusiastically participate in so many different activities and make the most of your time in Africa.

    ReplyDelete