Friday, October 19, 2012

Days 34-40


Days 34-40

So, a few days ago I had my homestay. The family Laura and I visited had a mother, father, two boys, and a daughter. The aunt and grandmother also showed up during the day. The father used to work at a tourist lodge, so he spoke excellent English, making it easy for us to get along. We spent the morning cooking breakfast and then lunch, but after lunch we got to rest under the mango tree for a short while. An hour later, we got to learn how to sew a shirt. The mama is a tailor, so she got to teach us. She did not speak any English, so that was interesting. I go to learn how to run a sewing machine by foot power. It was really fun.

The next day was also a rest day. I got up to go to mass in the morning, and then in the afternoon we went to a batik store. We were taught to create the batiks, and now I have my own small version that I created. It does not look very good, but at least I had fun.

The five days after that were spent on studying for and taking exams. We had three exams, one yesterday and two today.

And for the next five days we are going to be camping in the Serengeti. We leave tomorrow at 7, but I have cook crew so I get to be up at 5.

Kylie

1 comment:

  1. Your experiences are so interesting, Kylie! And have fun camping (too bad about the 5 am cook time, though). We can't wait to hear about the Serengeti!

    ReplyDelete